2022-2023 Committee Members
Executive Committee: The Physiological Sciences Program is administered by an Executive Committee that consists of members who represent the major areas of Physiological Sciences. These members include the Chair of the Program, the Chairs of the standing committees, one at-large member and one student representative. The Executive Committee is responsible for administering the graduate program in Physiological Sciences.
- Ben Renquist, PS GIDP Chair
- Scott Boitano, Program Committee
- Paulo Pires, Teaching Committee
- Frank Duca, Recruiting Committee
- Chris Banek, Activities Committee
- Heddwen Brooks, Finance Committee
- TBA, Member at Large
- Savanna Weninger, PhD Student Representative
Program Committee: Responsible for curriculum and course development, evaluation of graduate student progress, maintenance of the Graduate Handbook (which states the policies and procedures for graduate education), and mediation of the concerns and grievances of graduate students. Graduate students are encouraged to consult with any member of the Program Committee to resolve any issue related to their graduate education that is of concern.
- Scott Boitano, Chair of Committee
- Shaowen Bao
- Lalitha Madhavan
- Jennifer Stern
- Vito Marino, PhD Student Representative
- Linda Wu, MS Student Representative
Teaching Committee: is responsible for assigning teaching responsibilities to all students who have completed their first year and for insuring that all students receive an evaluation of their teaching abilities both from the students they teach and from a faculty member.
- Paulo Pires, Chair of Committee
- Claudia Stanescu, Physiology TA Coordinator
- Eric Price, Ad Hoc, Physiology TA Coordinator
- Dawn Colletta
- Emily Peters, PhD Student Representative
- Jean Dill and Melissa Dennis, MS Student Representative(s)
Recruitment Committee: Responsible for publicizing the Program, recruiting, evaluating applicants, and recommending admission of qualified candidates to the Executive Committee.
- Frank Duca, Chair of Committee
- Erika Eggers
- Jennifer Stern
- Hallie Wachsmuth and Felipe Polk, PhD Student Representative(s)
- Izzy Thesz, MS Student Representative
Activities Committee: Has the charge of promoting social and professional interdisciplinary activities among the participants (graduate students, postdocs, and faculty) of the Physiological Sciences Program.
- Chris Banek, Chair of Committee
- Maša Miščević, PhD Student Representative
- Allison Kath, MS Student Representative
Student Forum: Professional skills development held every two weeks, which is co-administered by the students and faculty, to foster an interactive environment for the dissemination of program research. Students present research progress every year in the program and receive detailed feedback on how to improve their presentation skills
- Andrew Fuglevand, Faculty Feedback Liaison
- Jen Stern, Faculty Feedback Liaison
- Kelsey Bernard and Ben Stansfield, PhD Student Representative(s)
- Kora Kostiew, Seminar Luncheon - MS Student Representative